Thursday, January 25, 2018

Half Moon Bay

Half Moon Bay
         Half Moon Bay Acrylic on pre stretched Canvas 22" x 30".  A scene of cliffs and the ocean with succulents and flower beds. The Area of Half Moon Bay.  Although this may seem like a simple painting, it was a little complicated in the composition of it.  I fought with my self to paint every plant that was there.   When I started to do that it just got too busy and uninteresting to look at.  It became more about the plants that the serenity of the ocean and sky. They all got lost.   When I used a more painterly and impressionistic method it became just about the paint and the delicate nature of the flowers was lost.   I opted for a combination of a little structure and some loose painting.  This allowed me give some layers to the scene that would have otherwise been very flat to me.   I am not sure who took the picture. I think it was either Rachna or Maria that took a picture of a scene South of San Francisco.  So thanks for the picture. I hope you all enjoy.  Visit My Fine Art America  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you, your comments are appreciated. David Pitts